JOIN US AS A MEMBER
What awaits you:
- A network of talented members and potential co-founders
- Direct encounters and insights into the most successful startups in Germany
- Contacts to investors, mentors, startups, speakers and industry experts
- Access to our international START Network with partner chapters such as START St. Gallen, START Barcelona or START Berlin
- An extensive network of partners and alumni to provide you with the right contact for any startup topic
- You are in university or doing an apprenticeship
- You are eager to start or have already started a company
- You want to get in contact with prospective co-founders
- You commit to being an active member of our community
- New: You commit to joining one of our squads for at least your 1st semester (exceptions apply - see our FAQ)
Our application phase is currently closed. We are happy to notify you when the application phase of the upcoming winter semester opens. Simply click on the button below and fill out the form.
Any questions? Have a look at our FAQ.
Application Phase is closedGet Notified
1. Where do I get more information about START?
You can find all about START in our handbook here: Handbook.
2. What squads do you have?
Currently, the following squads are active:
Accelerators, Alumni, Business Developers, Creators, Digitizers-Tools, Digitizers-Web, Enlighteners, Female Leaders, Networkers, Personal Developers, Communitizers, Podcasters, Knowledgebase & Event Squad.
Have a look in the Handbook for more information. You will also get more information in the Onboarding event
3. Is there any membership fee?
Yes, our membership fee is 20€ per semester.
4. How many members do you have?
More than 200 active members and plenty of alumni.
5. How many events do you have per semester?
Next semester we have more than 16 major events and 18 minor events. But there is always the possibility to meet fellow Starties for a coffee.
6. I haven’t found an idea of what to start yet, is this a problem?
Not at all! We know it is hard to come up with the right idea on which you are passionate about making it real. We just expect an entrepreneurial spirit and want to see ambitions to found a startup at some point.
7. What questions do I have to answer in the application?
a) Tell us your story!
Tell us about your study program, (entrepreneurial) motivation and background, personal values, and/or any other experience you want to share with us.
b) Tell us something that you have done in your life and are particularly proud of!
Don't be shy! This is your time to shine. Tell us about one of your achievements you are particularly proud of.
c) START brings together the most prospective startup talents, what would be your contributions to the network?
Have a look in our handbook for some inspiration!
8. Is it mandatory to join the events or be active in a squad?
Yes, we all just benefit from START Munich if everybody is active. That is why it is mandatory to join a squad in the first semester and we expect you to visit as many events as possible. It is a win-win situation if every member of START is active. Of course, there are some exceptions, e.g. if you are in the middle of founding a startup.
9. My German is not good, is that a problem?
We are a diverse club with members from all over the world. That is why our main language is English. But we are always happy to help you to improve your German skills :)
10. What does the application process look like?
All applications get carefully reviewed after they are handed in. Once we are through all of them, the most interesting applicants get invited to a 20-minute interview with two fellow Starties. Once all interviews have been completed we make our final selection and get back to you as fast as possible.
11. What are the admissions criteria?
We have 5 categories that are important to us:
a) Engagement and Commitment to Entrepreneurship
b) Motivation for Entrepreneurship
c) Entrepreneurial Character, Skills and Knowledge
d) Engagement and Commitment to START
e) START Fit
12. What kind of study do I have to do to join START Munich?
Any kind of study is right to join START Munich!
13. How much time do I have to spend for START Munich?
This depends on how much you can commit. But as mentioned above we expect you to be an active member. An average STARTie spends 2-5 hours per week on START related topics.
Any questions unanswered? We are happy to answer them! Just contact us via HR@startmunich.de.